- Personal hygiene
Within the EU market, the Iberian peninsula region is the 5th largest, with an estimated consumption of €8.4 billion in 2018.
Spain represents 82% of the weight of the region and Portugal the remaining 18%, with approximately €7 billion in Spain and €1.4 billion in Portugal.
The largest markets in the EU are:
Both regions experienced positive growth in the last four years, with consumption shared by the following product areas:
There are around 630 SMEs in the Iberian area that are active in the manufacturing and wholesale distribution of perfumery and cosmetics products (517 in Spain / 116 in Portugal) directly employing around 46,000 workers (39,000 in Spain / 7,000 in Portugal). Over 300,000 indirect jobs are estimated to be generated by the industry (250,000 in Spain / 50,000 in Portugal).